Terms and Conditions
Welcome to SellOn. Before using our application, it is important to understand our rules.
Accepting these Terms
This document, our rules, policies and the other documents referenced make up our Terms of Service (“Terms”). The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and Corea System International Pte. Ltd (“SellOn”). This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use SellOn and our Service (the “Service” includes the “Website” in future and the application for your mobile device (the “App”), as well as all related websites, networks, downloadable software, and other services provided by us) provided by SellOn. Please read them carefully.
BY USING OUR SERVICE, YOU’RE CREATING A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT TO COMPLY WITH ALL THE TERMS.
We may amend the Terms at any time by posting a revised version on our App. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. If we change the Terms in a way that reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will provide you with a notification.
Some important introductions for you.
- Description of the Service
- The Service is an online consumer-to-consumer marketplace. We do not offer business accounts. While SellOn may help facilitate transactions, users that list and sell items through the Service ("Sellers") and users that purchase items through the Service ("Buyers") are entirely responsible for the sale of goods (referred to herein as “goods”, “products” or “items”) transactions between them, including without limitation the listing of goods and any applicable product warranties. Sellers and Buyers (this means you) are collectively referred to herein as “Users” of the Service.
- SellOn provides payment processing services through third-party service providers for items listed on its marketplace. Users can pay with and accept payment by credit card or debit card.
- SellOn is responsible for processing refunds and providing customer service in relation to questions related to the App, but is not and shall not be involved in disputes between Users.
- By accepting these Terms, you acknowledge that you will provide accurate information to SellOn to comply with our regulatory requirements in providing payments services to you.
- Other Terms and Policies Which Apply
For an individual to have a SellOn account you must be a resident of Singapore and at least 18 years old.
By using the Service, you agree to comply with the following policies and any additional policies that we may notify you of from time-to-time apply to you (“Policies”). These Terms apply to all Users:
SellOn helps people in Singapore sell, list and transact online to sell and buy goods.
- Your Account with SellOn
Here are a few rules about Accounts with SellOn:
- A User shall not use an Account for money laundering or any illegal purpose or in violation of any law or regulation or provision of these Terms. As a condition for using the Service, we hold all buyers or sellers accountable for violations of law, violations of these Terms and all applicable policies.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to have an account
- You may only register for and maintain one Account. Payment instruments and bank accounts can only be registered on one SellOn account at a time; they cannot be shared on multiple accounts.
- If you make purchases, you will be asked to provide information about your Payment Instrument(s), which may include a credit card, debit card, Account resulting from earnings. Payment Instruments may be stored with us for future use. We may validate that your Payment Instrument is in good standing with the Payment Instrument issuer. You agree that the User Information and Payment Instrument information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it updated.
- You are solely responsible for any activity and listings on your Account. You also are responsible for ensuring your Account accurately reflects your current User Information.
- You are responsible for all fees, or refunds received by SellOn, even after you close your Account.
- You are responsible for keeping your Account password secure. If you believe your account has been compromised please contact email@example.com.
- Scope of License
The App is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under our Terms. SellOn reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. SellOn hereby grants you a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the App on a single compatible device that you own or control, solely for your own personal use.
You may not modify, alter, reproduce, distribute or make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the App.
You may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the App, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or regulation or third-party terms), nor attempt to disable or circumvent any security or other technological measure designed to protect the App or any content available through the App.
The Service may include open source software or third-party software. Any such software is made available to Users under the terms of the applicable licenses.
- Third-party Services and Linked Websites
- Your Content
Content that you post using our Service must be content you own or have the right to use (so let’s refer to it as “Your Content”). That includes anything you post using our Service (like usernames, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions, reviews, comments, etc.).
- Responsibility for Your Content. You are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third-party’s rights by posting it.
- Permission to Use Your Content. By posting Your Content through our Service, you grant SellOn a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to help SellOn function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have to Your Content and we can help promote your listings and/or Account.
- By posting Your Content, you grant SellOn a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content to provide the Service and to promote SellOn, or the Service in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any SellOn Service or third-party website or advertising medium.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. SellOn has great respect for intellectual property rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Service. If Your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will remove it if we receive proper notice.
- Inappropriate, False or Misleading Content. This should be common sense, but there are certain types of content we don’t want posted on SellOn’s Service (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Prohibited Items Policy, Prohibited Conduct Policy or any part of our Terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false, misleading or uses the Service in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
- Your Use of Our Service
License to Use Our Service. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our Service—subject to these Terms and the following restrictions:
- Don’t Use Our Service to Break the Law. You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Service. This includes any local, state, federal and international laws that may apply to you. It’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licenses and have proof of ownership or receipts if required; You may not use SellOn to list or sell items that violate any laws. You may not use SellOn Service to commit fraud, theft or any other crimes against SellOn, another SellOn user or a third-party. Please review our Prohibited Items Policy and Prohibited Conduct Policy for more details.
- Don’t Try to Harm Our Systems. You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
- Items You Purchase. SellOn does not manufacture, store or inspect any of the items sold through our Service. We provide the venue; but the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed and sold directly by independent sellers, so SellOn cannot and does not make any warranties about items’ quality, safety or legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the Seller of the item. You release SellOn from any claims related to items sold through our Service, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
- Content You Access. You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Service. SellOn is not responsible for the decency, accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of content posted by Users that you accessed through the Service. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
- People You Interact With. You can use the Service to interact with other individuals. However, you understand that we do not screen Users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other Users. Please report Users who engage in Prohibited Conduct to the Customer Care so we may review their account.
- Other Disclaimers/Warranties.
- SellOn is dedicated to making our Service the best it can be, but we’re not perfect and sometimes things can go wrong. You understand that our Services are provided “as is” and without any kind of warranty (express or implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing or usage of trade.
- We do not guarantee that the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; or that any defects or errors will be corrected; or the results of using the Service will meet all your expectations. We will take every reasonable effort to ensure that the Service will be free of viruses or other harmful materials and to correct defects once identified.
- Suspension or Termination by SellOn
SellOn reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any of its Services, in whole or in part at any time for any reason, without notice (unless required by law).
We may refuse service to anyone and may terminate or suspend your Account (and any related Accounts) and your access to the Service in whole or in part at any time, for any reason, without notice unless required by law). For example, SellOn will promptly terminate without notice the Accounts of Users who are determined by SellOn to be "repeat offenders." A repeat offender is a User who has been notified of a violation of our Terms, engages in infringing activity, or has had content removed from the Service at least twice.
If we terminate or suspend your Account or access to our Service:
- You don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Service, for example, to sell or buy on our Apps. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Service may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Service.
- You remain responsible for fees, shipping fees, returns or refunds requested and remain obligated to resolve any disputes with other Users that are a result of purchases or sales of goods occurring prior to termination/suspension.
- We may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by a Seller to SellOn by deducting from future payments owed to the Seller, charging any of the Seller's Payment Instrument(s) on file, or seeking reimbursement from the Seller by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collections services. You authorize us to use any or all of these methods to seek reimbursement.
- SellOn will make refunds or other payments owed to you, as required by applicable law or regulation.
- Buying and Selling Generally
Prohibited Transactions. When buying a product using the Service, in addition to the limitations in our Prohibited Items and Prohibited Conduct Policies, Buyers also must not place orders without the intent to purchase, purchase goods for a commercial purpose (e.g., resale), or place any order that is determined by SellOn to be fraudulent or illegal. You agree that the Service may only be used for bona fide purchases of goods, and may not be used to transfer money between a Buyer and Seller that is unrelated to a purchase of goods.
SellOn’s Role. Seller agrees that SellOn and its designated payment processor act as agents for the Seller in processing payments for purchases. A Buyer’s obligation to a Seller for the purchase price shall be deemed extinguished upon receipt by SellOn of the purchase price.
Settlement to Sellers. SellOn will make commercially reasonable efforts to pay Seller’s earnings to his/her bank account within Eleven (11) business days after settlement by Sellon. SellOn may ask for Seller’s User Information to ensure the transfer and purchase is secure, and may retain the earnings until Seller’s User Information has been verified and confirmed.
- Fees Generally
SellOn charges 3% of the item price as a transaction fee for 'Protection' product and 0% for 'Meetup' product from a seller
All fees associated with a transaction and/or shipping are communicated to the User at time of transactions.
- Buyer Transactions and Fees
Any payment by a Buyer in connection with the Service shall be made through SellOn and its payment processor. Purchases made by Payment Instrument through the Service are also subject to the terms and conditions between Buyer and the issuer of the Payment Instrument. You authorize SellOn and its payment processor to charge or debit your designated Payment Instrument, as applicable, when you make transactions or incur fees for the Service.
A buyer is expected to finally decide on the purchase within three (3) days when items are delivered. If a buyer doesn’t do any action on the purchase during the days, it will be considered that a buyer has accepted/approved the purchase.
Sellon may charge a cancellation fee of up to 3.02% of the item price if buyers reject to receive products without valid reason once they are delivered.
If a sales contract is formed, the Buyer shall pay the total amount of the product price and any applicable shipping fees. If shipping for a product will be paid by the Seller, it will be included in the listed product price. If shipping will be paid by the Buyer, the product will be shipped after the Buyer pays the product price and shipping fee.
You, as a Buyer, agree that purchases made through the Service are transactions between you and the Seller, not with SellOn or its affiliates. SellOn and its affiliates are not parties to your payment transaction with the Seller. You also agree that SellOn shall not have any liability to you for any payments made through SellOn’s designated payment processor.
- Seller Fees.
Sellers agree to pay SellOn the current "Transaction Fee" upon a successful completion of a sale. The current Transaction Fee for 'Protection' product is a flat 3% Transaction Fee per transaction
In case sellers use a shipping company of GOGOVAN, they first have to pay the fee on the spot in cash.
Transaction Fee will be subtracted from Seller’s earnings.
- Cancellation of a Transaction; Refunds
Cancellation of a transaction is not permitted once the product has been ordered by a Buyer, except as required by applicable law or regulation. However, SellOn may allow cancellation; the Buyer receives an item that is not as described in the listing, is sent the wrong item, or is sent a damaged item; if the Seller does not confirm his/her sale within 12 (Twelve) hours; or for other reasons SellOn deems appropriate.
If a Buyer receives an item that’s damaged, not as described in the listing or is sent the wrong item, the Buyer must report the problem to us within 3 (three) days of delivery, or within such longer time as required under applicable law or regulation, through Customer Care. In such a case, the Buyer must NOT rate the Seller. Items may be returned to the Seller, as SellOn permits, for a refund.
Any refund will be issued to the original form of payment. If the Buyer and Seller agree to a return after this determination, SellOn may be contacted to process to the original form of payment. We do not provide refunds or returns for Prohibited Items.
Transactions where payment is sent outside of the SellOn platform are strictly prohibited by SellOn’s Terms and Conditions and not protected by our Buyer Protection Guarantee. Listings or profiles soliciting such transactions are subject to removal without notice.
After a transaction is complete and goods have been delivered to the Buyer, the Seller may request to have his or her earnings.
- Receipts and Customer Service
Receipts may not be issued to Users for payments made or received on the Service, except as required by applicable law or regulation. For any questions you have, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disputes Between Users
Sellers agree to resolve any disputes directly with the Buyer according to our Terms. In the event that a dispute is escalated to SellOn, we reserve the right to issue a refund to a Buyer if a transaction is found to be in violation of SellOn’s Terms.
In the event that a Buyer submits a chargeback or other form of payment reversal, SellOn will respond to the payment network as the merchant of record on behalf of the Seller involved in the transaction. The Seller agrees to provide any requested information to Us within five (5) calendar days of the request. SellOn reserves the right to recoup funds associated with Buyer refunds through any permissible legal means.
Returns of prohibited items to Sellers are not allowed. Buyers may be eligible for a refund after the goods have been confirmed destroyed. Sellers will not be reimbursed for prohibited items.
If there is a dispute between Users, or between a User and a third-party with regard to the Service, the matter shall be resolved by such users at their own cost. SellOn may participate in the dispute at its discretion. After a transaction is processed, SellOn is the final arbiter of disputes between Users and SellOn shall not bear any liability related to such disputes.
- Indemnification; Limitation of Liability
We hope this never happens, but if SellOn gets sued because of an action you took using our Service, you agree to indemnify us and assist in defending SellOn to the best of your ability. That means you must assist SellOn in defending any matter in which you were involved. This includes providing information regarding your experience (including any of our employees) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that may arise from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Service, your breach of the Terms, or your Account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
Force Majeure. SellOn shall have no liability for failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to governmental action or acts of terrorism; acts of nature including earthquakes, fire, flood or other acts of God; labor conditions; power failures and/or internet disturbances.
- These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchisee relationship between you and SellOn.
- The Terms, including the Policies and other documents incorporated by reference herein, supersede any other agreement between you and SellOn regarding the Service.
- If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
- The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
You hereby agree that the laws of Singapore shall govern this Terms and that the courts of Singapore shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.